- Wipe the mold lightly on the surface with dried towel or kitchen paper towel.
- Blade adjusting with wood hammer. The edge closer to the blade upper part, opposite as lower part. Tapping from upper side the blade will sink down. Tapping from lower side the blade will move up. Only as a guide blade protruding 0.1mm
- Shaving direction. Start shaving from the head side (頭側) Skin is left on the tail side (尾側についている鰹の皮) Set the blade edge toward to you. Set the KATSUOBUSHI skin upside and head side down to the pedestal. 尾側が浮く lifting the tail side will make easy to slide. And also it will make it easy to hold when it comes little. If you shave from the opposite side, shaved KATSUOBUSHI will come out in grinding. It will come better and better when you get the knack.
- Store the chunk KATSUOBUSHI at refrigerator with Ziplock.
- Remove remaining dust from the shaver (wooden shavers are basically not washing with water) Store in less moisture.
- Take extra care to use KATSUOBUSHI shaver safely.
If this is the first time to buy from Amazon Japan refer
Or first time to Rakuten Global refer
But maybe not needed because it's easy to do.